I’m a BACP-registered counsellor and an accredited coach, working with clients in London and online.
My clients have experienced all sorts of situations and come from a variety of backgrounds, but due to my own professional background I take a special interest in working with musicians and people in the music industry. I’ve also worked with authors, actors, photographers and journalists, as well as people working in areas like TV, PR, politics and education.
Counselling or coaching?
I generally see counselling as being about making sense of the present and the past, with coaching being more focused on making changes in the future. Or to put it another way, counselling is “what’s happened?”, and coaching is “what would you like to happen?”. Some of my clients are after one or the other, but some also find it helpful to move from counselling to coaching when the time feels right.
Issues I work with
I’ve worked with counselling clients experiencing difficulties around depression, ADHD, hoarding, infidelity, sexuality, non-monogamous relationships, bereavement, workplace conflict, finance, OCD, gender, addiction, compulsive sexual behaviour, anxiety, loneliness, suicidal thoughts, separation and divorce, family issues and more.
For clients in the creative industries, specific issues that come up a lot include self-esteem, relationship dynamics, social media abuse, perfectionism, limiting beliefs, procrastination, burnout, inner critic, imposter syndrome and performance anxiety.
I work with adult clients, individually and in couples or groups. In-person sessions are in London, and Zoom-based sessions are available for international clients (or people who just prefer Zoom).
Training and credentials
My training took an integrative approach, covering counselling and psychotherapeutic modalities including psychodynamic, person-centred, CBT, transactional analysis, gestalt and existential work.
I’m a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, an accredited registrant of the National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society, and accredited at practitioner level with the European Mentoring and Coaching Council.
I’m also a member of the Music Industry Therapist Collective.
I continue to train in areas that interest me, and am currently working towards a diploma in Attachment-Based Psychotherapy, due for completion in 2024.
- PGDip Integrative Counselling and Coaching (University of East London)
- Certificate in Couples/Relationship Therapy (The Grove)
- Foundation certificate in Counselling Skills (WPF Therapy)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (Cardiff University)
- Certificate in Clinical Assessment Skills (WPF Therapy)
- ICF-accredited diploma in Transformational Coaching (Animas)
- Creativity coach training (Eric Maisel / CCA)
- Mentor training via Ivors Academy/Help Musicians mentor sceme
- Further training in bereavement, motivational interviewing, domestic violence, performance anxiety, trans awareness, perfectionism, procrastination, Mental Health First Aid. Fully insured; enhanced DBS check